Slimming World are known for coming up with quick and healthy meal ideas that the whole family can enjoy - and they've done it again with this delicious garlic and thyme chicken with vegetable penne. Ready in just 20 minutes, this speedy pasta supper is perfect as a nutritious midweek meal after work or school.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g dried penne pasta
- 400g runner beans, trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 100g prepared chopped kale
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl with the thyme, garlic, chilli flakes, lemon zest and juice. Season and toss to coat well.
- Arrange the chicken on a grill rack in a single layer and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is under the grill, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the beans and kale for the final 4 minutes. Drain, season and divide between warmed plates.
- Slice the chicken thickly and serve with the vegetable penne.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s Extra Easy Express. Photos: Extra Easy Express/Gareth Morgans. For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000.