It doesn't take long to whip up Slimming World's spicy hot-smoked salmon noodles. This healthy stir-fry combines salmon fillets with a light soy sauce and lots of veggies, including onion and carrot. It's really easy to make and is the perfect mid-week meal when you're in the mood for something low on fat but not on flavour.
- 350g dried egg noodles
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp mild or medium curry powder
- 400g frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g skinless hot-smoked salmon fillet, roughly flaked
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Limes wedges, to serve
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Stir-fry the onion and carrot for 3 minutes or until softened, then add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and peppers and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until just beginning to soften.
- Add the drained noodles and about 2 tablespoons of water and toss everything together. Add the soy sauce, season and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the salmon and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until piping hot. Remove from the heat, scatter over the coriander and divide between shallow bowls or plates.
- Serve hot with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Recipe taken from Slimming World’s Extra Easy Express. For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000. Photos: Extra Easy Express/Gareth Morgans.
Like us on Facebook