The perfect festive treat to bake with the kids, these biscuits will look great on the tree - if you can resist eating them!
- 7oz/198g plain flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ oz/100g low-fat spread suitable for baking such as Flora Light
- 1 ½ oz/42g Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp of pink sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, spices, low-fat spread and Splenda until well combined and then stir in the beaten egg.
- Bring the dough together, wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for half an hour. Remove, divide the dough into two (working in batches is easier), and roll each piece out to 5mm thick.
- Cut out using a 2in/5cm star cutter and place onto a non-stickbaking tray lined with parchment. Create a hole in each biscuit big enough to thread a ribbon through later. Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool on the tray.
- To decorate, mix the icing sugar with just enough water to make athin icing and drizzle on each biscuit. Decorate with the sprinkles and leave to set.
- Thread coloured ribbon through each biscuit and hang on the tree on Christmas Eve. (They’ll start to soften after a couple of days so don’t forget to tuck in!)