Slimming World's tomato, lentil and vegetable soup makes a filling chunky soup made with curry spices and ginger. It's so easy to make, ready in just 30 minutes
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
- 600ml boiling hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 125g dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 600ml passata
- freshly chopped coriander, to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, celery, potato and carrot and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the seasoning, and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Season well and serve sprinkled with coriander
Recipe taken from Slimming World’s Little Book of Soups, priced at £3.95/€5.95 and available from all Slimming World groups. To find your nearest Slimming World group, visit our website or call 0844 897 8000.
Photos: Slimming World’s Little Book of Soups/Gareth Morgans.