Try this low-fat, full-flavour spaghetti Bolognese from the Slimming World Diet.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 113g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large sticks celery, chopped
- 227ml/8fl oz stock
- A pinch of dried chilli
- 283g/10oz extra lean minced beef
- 1 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes or passata
- 4 level tbs tomato purée
- 1tbs chopped fresh oregano
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 400g cooked, wholemeal spaghetti
- To make the Bolognese: Fry chopped garlic, celery and onion using a low calorie oil spray, until soft.
- Add extra lean minced beef (or Quorn if you want a vegetarian option) and brown in the pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms, peppers, canned tomatoes or passata, oregano, thyme, carrots, tomato puree, dried chilli and a drop of balsamic vinegar if you like.
- Simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Season to taste. Pour over spaghetti and serve with a green salad on the side.
½ Syn on Extra Easy and Original*
* add 6 Syns if not using wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra