Looking for a quick, easy mid-week meal? Try this light and tasty chicken pasta dish with a gorgeous garlic and veg passata sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100ml chicken stock
- 400g plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 350g dried pappardelle
- 150g rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a saucepan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and stir-fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry over a medium-high heat until lightly coloured. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the stock and tomatoes.
- Cover the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes have become very soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until tender al dente (tender but still retaining a bite). Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir the rocket into the sauce and season to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and toss gently to combine thoroughly and serve immediately.
Extra Easy: Free