Tuck into traditional British tucker with a generous helping of Slimming World's beef stew – perfect comfort food for winter evenings!
- 12 shallots
- Low-fat oil spray
- 2 carrots
- 567g/1lb 4oz braising steak, all visible fat removed
- 1 level tbsp tomato puree
- 1 bouquet garni
- 170g/6oz closed cap mushrooms
- 2 level tsp onion gravy granules
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Peel the shallots. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the shallots and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the carrots, place in the pan with the steak, tomato puree, bouquet garni and 852ml/1½ pints water. Cover and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Halve the mushrooms, add to the pan with the shallots and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the gravy granules and stir until thickened. Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Syns per serving (When following the Slimming World diet you are allowed 15 syns per day)
(*Add 6 Syns if not using beef as a Healthy Extra)