A homely, hearty fish pie Slimming World recipe. Made with low-fat ingredients, this is a great alternative to classic, creamier fish pie recipes.Like us on Facebook
- 312g/11oz fat-free natural yogurt
- 142g/5oz fat-free natural fromage frais
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 4tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 hard boiled eggs, shelled and cut in half
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 198g/7oz smoked haddock fillets, cooked, skinned and flaked
- 198g/7oz prawns, peeled and cooked
- 340g/12oz each carrots and swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- First make the topping by boiling the carrots and swede in a large pan of boiling water for 15-20 mins until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash. Allow to cool, then stir in the beaten egg and yogurt, season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. In a bowl mix together the yogurt, fromage frais, nutmeg, dill and parsley. Season well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place the hard boiled eggs, spring onions, flaked haddock, prawns and lemon juice. Pour over the fromage frais mixture and toss to mix well. Spoon this mixture into a deep, ovenproof dish. Spoon over the topping and spread evenly. Rough up the surface with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until the topping is lightly browned. Serve immediately on its own or with steamed green vegetables.
Share this recipe