Make your Christmas spread a little bit healthier by trying these diet mince pies from Slimming World. Made using ready-made mincemeat, they'll be ready in no time!
- low calorie cooking spray
- 227g/ 8oz plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- 113g/ 4oz butter or margarine,
- cut into small cubes
- 16 level tbsp mincemeat
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun tins with low calorie cooking spray.
- Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat and gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7.5cm/3 inch fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
- Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with the icing sugar.
Extra Easy: 3.5