Make your own sausages with this Slimming World recipe. A healthy alternative to bangers and mash, this recipe will be a hit with the family
- 511g/1lb 2oz extra lean pork mince
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 level tsp English mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 908g/2lb potatoes, peeled
- 284ml/½ pint vegetable stock
- 312g/11oz Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- Mix the pork mince in a bowl with the egg, garlic, spring onions and mustard. Season and mix well. Roll the mixture into 12 sausage shapes and chill them for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 25 minutes. Drain and leave to steam dry in a colander.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the cabbage and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes to the cabbage and stock and mash thoroughly. Season to taste and keep warm.
- Cook the sausages in low calorie cooking spray for 15 minutes, turning frequently so they brown evenly. Check they are cooked through.
- Serve with the colcannon and boiled carrots and cauliflower or vegetables of your choice.