Fricassee is a creamy stew recipe. This 30-minute chicken recipe with healthy seasonal vegetables is from Slimming World and uses low-fat ingredients
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 800g/1lb 12oz chicken breast, skinned and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick batons
- 1 head of garlic, separated but not peeled
- 400ml/14fl oz chicken stock
- 4-5 sprigs of tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g/7oz green beans, halved
- 200g/7oz fat free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick casserole dish with low-calorie cooking spray. Place over a high heat, add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrots, garlic, stock, and tarragon, season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly with the lid of the casserole dish and allow to cook gently for 15 mins. Add the green beans to the stew and cook for a further 5 mins.
- To serve, remove the stew from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and check the seasoning. Serve immediately in warmed shallow bowls.