jeudi 13 août 2015

Cowboy hotpot (slimming world friendly)





Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/

  I found this recipe in this months slimming world magazine and while it looked lovely I thought of a few other ways to make it even more tasty. This is something I really like to do , find a recipe and then adapt it. I know a lot of people are worried to change recipes but dont be scared if there is something in there you really dont like leave it out of course it will alter the finished dish and I dont mean change the main ingredients but just some of the spices can be lessened or left out if you dont like for example chili or garlic. In this recipe I left out the green beans which were in the original recipe (some in my family arent keen on them) but I added celery and a can of tomatoes for extra flavour. It could also easily be made vegetarian using quorn mince and vegetable stock. 

I thought the hotpot was lovely and it was all made in one pan but be warned you need a BIG pan and the recipe states serves four but I think with extra vegetables served with it could easily feed six. I also froze some of the leftovers in 'pour and store' bags.

Cowboy Hotpot


700g extra lean minced beef

2 onions (chopped)

2 sticks celery (chopped)  

4 large carrots (chopped)



700g-1kg new potatoes thickly sliced

1 litre beef stock

4 tbsp tomato puree 

1 can chopped tomatoes

1-2 tsp chili powder

2 x cans baked beans

salt and pepper


Place a very large pan over a medium heat and add the minced beef and fry for a few minutes breaking it up then add the carrots, celery and onion and fry for a few minutes until vegetables are soft.

Add the potatoes, stock, tomato puree and the can of tomatoes. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.

Stir in the baked beans and heat through and then season with salt and pepper to taste.

Syn free on extra easy x
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire