dimanche 9 août 2015

French potato salad (slimming world friendly)





credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/
  I have made this potato salad for many years I presume its known as French potato salad as you use french dressing instead of mayonnaise as the dressing. Its a lovely side dish for a BBQ or with a steak and salad. The dressing I used was the English Provender which when I checked my slimming world book it states that as long as salad dressings are 50cal or less per 100ml then they are free but any fat free french dressing will do. The recipe says to use 1/2 a bottle but you can use more if you prefer.

 You can peel the potatoes if you want to but I like the baby new potatoes with the skin on for more texture (and fibre!) It couldn't be easier to make the only tip I would say is combine the dressing with the potatoes while the potatoes are still warm it seems to help the potatoes to absorb the dressing instead of just coating the potatoes.




French potato salad

2lbs baby new potatoes (boiled in salted water until cooked and drained)
1 red onion (chopped finely)
2 tsp fresh chives (if liked)
1/2 bottle fat free french dressing

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl

easy!!

Syn free on extra easy and green : ) 
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire