This recipe is from Nigellas 'Nigella Express' book but thought it could be made slimming world friendly. I changed it very slightly and added a few more things to make it even more filling , Its been lovely to eat this during the recent horrible cold icy weather. Its a really easy to make soup but you do need a food processor to blitz the sweetcorn at the beginnning.
Sweetcorn and potato chowder
- 1 large bag frozen sweetcorn (defrosted.. I used Icelands 900g bag)
- 3 spring onions (trimmed and halved)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed - I use frozen crushed garlic)
- 8oz potatoes (peeled and cut into smallish cubes)
- mugful of frozen peas
- 3 pints vegetable or chicken stock
- 6oz lean ham (chopped)
Drain the sweetcorn and place into a food processor with the garlic and spring onions. (You will probably need to do this in 2 batches )
Place the sweetcorn mush in a large saucepan and add the stock and bring to the boil then add the potatoes, peas and ham and simply simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes.
I like to put loads of freshly ground black pepper on top when I serve it too.
Syn free on extra easy and of course to make it vegetarian friendly leave out the ham and use vegetable stock.