mercredi 5 août 2015

Spaghetti sauce -like Dolmio (slimming world friendly)

 



Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/

I love pasta and the sauces that go with it but traditional jars of pasta sauce can be quite high in syns . I have tried making different versions of pasta sauce and this is the best one I have come up with. It has a smooth texture due to using granulated garlic so no bits of crushed garlic in it. I use basil and oregano in my version but you can add less or more as you like it which of course is the benefit of making it yourself. You might think it seems a bit odd to add sweetener to it but but it helps to bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes.


Even though it is quite thick when you first put everything in the pan it is important to simmer it for at least 10 minutes to allow the herbs to soften and the flavours to develop.  If it gets too thick just add a little water. I served it over meatballs with spaghetti and will post my meatball recipe soon.






Spaghetti sauce
  • 500g passata
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp granulated sweetener (I used splenda) 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper



Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for at least 10 minutes. If it gets too thick add a little water. Taste for seasoning you might need a little more salt.


Like us on Facebook




Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire