mercredi 5 août 2015

Nigellas eggs in purgatory (slimming world friendly)




 I Love Nigella Lawson she can do no wrong in my eyes her recipes are practically fool proof and almost always turn out beautifully. I was lucky to meet her at a book signing once and she was so gracious and friendly I was star struck : )

This recipe is so delicious and so simple , Nigella says it's perfect for hangovers but I love it as a Sunday morning breakfast but always have to have my Healthy A choice bread to dip in it.

I know it sounds weird having garlic and chili for breakfast time but it really does work. This recipe serves one person with using one egg but you can make it in a bigger pan and add more eggs if you like.


Eggs in purgatory

  • 1 can chopped tomatoes
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 tsp chili flakes
  • 1 clove garlic (crushed)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • low calorie spray oil.




Spray a small frying pan with spray oil and over a medium heat add the garlic and chili and fry gently for one minute.

Add the can of tomatoes and the salt and bring to the boil then reduce heat and leave to simmer for a few minutes.

Break the egg into the middle of the pan, cover and leave to simmer for five minutes.

Serve hot



I confess to have eaten it straight from the pan before *blush*



syn free on all plans
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire