mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Pork in cider and sage (slimming world friendly)





I love this recipe its so tasty and easy to make, One of those throw in the oven and forget it until just before you are serving then you just need to thicken the sauce, Its very tasty and although a couple of syns think they are well worth it.


I use shoulder steaks as I think they have more flavour than just loin steaks and they are very lean if there is any fat I just trim it off before cooking.

I am pretty thrilled with this post as well  as it also has my first carrots and potatoes from the garden this year.

Pork in cider and sage

  • 8 lean pork steaks (to serve 4 )
  • 1 large onion (sliced)  
  • 250ml dry cider
  • 250ml vegetable stock
  • 2 tsp dried sage
  • 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water  
  • salt and pepper



Place the onions and pork steaks in an ovenproof and hob proof dish (can use a roasting tin instead if you like). 

Sprinkle with the sage and season with salt and pepper, Pour over the stock and cider and place in a moderate oven Gas 5 / 375/190 for about an hour to gently cook the steaks.

Remove the steaks and onions and set to one side, Put the pan onto the hob of the oven over a medium heat and then whisk in the cornflour and water mix and keep whisking as it comes to the boil.

Simmer the sauce for a few minutes and keep whisking and then simmer and whisk for a few more minutes to ensure sauce is thick,  then add the pork and onions back into the sauce.

I served with potatoes (from my garden : ) roasted in my actifry, Steamed carrots (from my garden!) and broccoli and peas.

credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/
2 syns per portion : )
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire