mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Smoky chipotle pork (slimming world friendly)





This recipe came from me having some diced pork defrosted in the fridge from the freezer and wondering what to do with it, I was on a late shift today so wanted something I could marinade and cook quickly when I got home. I love Mexican food but sometimes it's too hot and spicy at least when cooking it at home you can control the heat and Jamie Oliver with your 30 minute meals  I gave you a run for your money I promise you hand on heart I walked in the door at 8.30pm and dished up dinner at 9pm : )

I bought the chipotle paste in my local Sainsburys I think it is available in most supermarkets now. The only thing I had to do before work was marinate pork did everything else when I got in and it was super quick and easy and really tasty.  Hope you try it and I will post the salsa recipe another time soon.

Smoky Chipotle pork (serves 4)
  • 1lb diced lean pork
  • 2 tsp chipotle paste
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper



Mix everything very well together and leave to marinade all day in a covered dish (or the night before if easier) in the fridge  . Line a baking tray with baking parchment or foil (makes it easier to clean) and just spread the pieces of pork across the tray, Place in the oven at Gas 6 / 400/200 for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through.

I served this with some wholegrain boiled rice, black eye beans (reheated from a can) and a quick tomato salsa.
credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/
1/4 syn per serving : ) 
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire