lundi 27 juillet 2015

Meatballs (slimming world friendly)






Most traditional meatball recipes call for breadcrumbs or oats to be used to help to bind the ingredients together so when I came across a recipe that used cooked rice I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I make these meatballs in large quantities and freeze them in portions, I usually freeze them in bags and allow 6 meatballs per person.  You can of course make less just halve the recipe. These are the meatballs I made with previous recipe I posted for the spaghetti sauce to make a delicious syn free spaghetti and meatballs.

I keep the seasonings simple here but you could add herbs, garlic, paprika if you like it and I don't always add the tomato puree as I sometimes serve these with onion gravy with mashed potatoes as they freeze beautifully and defrost quickly to make a fast after work dinner.


Meatballs

  • 1 kg extra lean minced beef
  • 3 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1 mugful cooked rice
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 egg





Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together very well, It's easiest to do this with your hands.

Take out teaspoonsful of the mixture and roll into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment or foil. Spray with a little low calorie oil spray if you want to.

Bake at gas 5 /190/375 for 25 minutes until brown. Make sure they are completely cold before freezing.

This recipe is enough to make approximately 60 meatballs.
Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/

Syn free on extra easy.
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire